- This event has passed.
Herbal Medicine weekend seminar
August 19 @ 10:00 am - August 20 @ 4:00 pm
A 2 day course for with medical herbalists Joe Nasr and Bel Charlesworth into the Principles and Practice of Herbal Pharmacy for herbalists, aromatherapists and CAM practitioners, including students. Full details below.
- Appreciate the historical uses and modern therapeutic value of aromatic medicinal herbs
- Explore the basic chemistry of aromatic molecules & other herbal ingredients
- Understand the principles of the extraction of herbs & of crafting herbal medicines
- Observe demonstrations of the techniques of making herbal remedies
Includes immersive experiential LECTURES on:
- Basic chemistry of volatile organic compounds (essential oils), fixed oils & emulsifiers
- Distillation, vapour pressures & boiling point of heterogenous mixtures
- Aromatic & Spirituous Waters
- Herbal Infusions & Decoctions: The traditional method of preparing remedies
- Production of aromatic tinctures, percolates & syrups.
- Production of infused oils, ointments, pomades, balms, creams & lotions
Includes PRACTICAL DEMONSTARTIONS on:
- Preparing herbal infusions & decoctions with experiential tea tastings
- Distilling an aromatic water, making an aromatic tincture, & an aromatic syrup.
- Preparing an infused oil, a pomade, an ointment, a cream, and a lotion
- Percolating a dry herb & extracting a herb’s soluble minerals
- Outdoors, exploring the therapeutic value of a ‘herb walk’ and essential herbal know-how for harvesting from the hedgerow.
Date: Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th August 2023
Venue: The Meditation Centre, Flintergill, Dent, Sedbergh LA10 5QR.
Fees: Practitioners £245 including VAT (Students £195 including VAT)
For further information and a booking form, please contact:
Charlotte Boyle – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01570 471000